The Alec Lucas Memorial Trust is committed to providing funding for the families of Royal Marines who have been killed or injured whilst on operations, and for the provision of equipment for local football clubs within the Peebles and Scottish Borders area.
In 2017 we presented Royal Marine Charitable Trust Fund RMCTF and Woodland Garden at 45 Commando with £4000. This brings the
total to date to £97,448.
To date we have presented:
£30,5000 to Military Charities
- Royal Marine Charitable Trust Fund RMCTF £18,000
- Woodland Garden at 45 Commando £10,500
- Horseback UK Aboyne £2,000
£66,948 to local Football , £29,300 of which went to supporting youth teams/groups
The Royal Marine Charitable Trust Fund
The Royal Marine Charitable Trust Fund is the overarching Royal Marines charity and money raised can be used for very wide purposes, probably the widest of any service charity. We are here to provide a better quality of life to serving and retired Royal Marines and their families. Those who Benefit:- The Corps Family; Royal Marine Cadets, Royal Marine Reserves, The Royal Marines Band Service, Royal Marines Commandos, the retired Corps, their wives,widows, partners and dependents.
Other Presentation and Funding News
- 2017 Presentation of funds 19 December 2017
- Letter of thanks from the Royal Marines Charity 22 November 2016
- 2016 Fundraising Brings Total to £128,731! 13 October 2016
- Presentation to local teams and military charities 26 October 2015
- 2014 AGM and Presentation of Funds 21 October 2014
- Presentation of funds raised in 2013 22 October 2013
- Royal Marines Charitable Trust Presentation 16 October 2011
- Tweeddale Rovers / Royal Marines Welfare Presentation 16 October 2011